Skip to content
- Objective: supporting the development and growth of the potential of researchers employed at the University of Warsaw.
- Basic condition: declaration of applying for a grant for conducting scientific research financed from external funds (preferably applying for NCN, NCBiR, MNiSW or Horizon 2020 etc.; date and name of the programme). The deadline for submission of applications – up to 12 months from the date of the application for a microgrant.
- Beneficiaries: staff employed at the faculties or basic units of the University of Warsaw included in the N number and doctoral students planning an activity aimed at increasing their academic potential and international recognition and at obtaining a grant from external sources within 9 months.
- Support duration: up to 9 months.
- Eligibility criteria: submitting an application as described in Annex no. 3 containing information relating to the Applicant’s achievements, as well as a plan and schedule of activities.
- Examples of projects: covering the costs of proofreading an academic text approved for publication in a high impact journal, meeting the costs of buying open access to an academic text published in a high impact journal, short visits to foreign research centres (for example participation in a prestigious international conference, provided a paper has been accepted, library research), inviting a researcher with an internationally renowned reputation to the University of Warsaw, initial research indispensable for lodging an application for a grant from external sources, etc.
- When applying for funding for participation in conference/seminar (must be attached a conference/seminar programme and/or acknowledgement of the confirmation of the conference paper acceptance): subsidies may be granted only for the duration of the conference / seminar, potential costs of the conference fee must be covered from other sources, preferred co-financing concerns the cost of purchasing tickets.
- Evaluation: projects will be formally verified and evaluated by employees of the Research Administration Office. The final decision will be made by the Vice Rector for Research.
- Grant amount: established on individual basis, depending on the project. It should not exceed PLN 5,000, with the exception of buying open access, where the maximum amount of funding may reach PLN 8,000.
- Application processing time: 14 days of submission that comply with the formal requirements
- Precondition for implementation: an Applicant has to obtain consent for the implementation of the project from the Dean or manager of the basic unit of the University of Warsaw, together with information about the lack of possibility to finance the whole activity by the faculty/unit.
- Settlement of the microgrant: funds awarded as part of designated subsidies must be accounted for (substantive settlements are to be accompanied by a list of expenditure signed by the Bursar’s plenipotentiary at the Faculty/in the Unit within 30 days of project completion).
- Applications for all types of subsidies will be accepted on an ongoing basis at the Office of the Vice Rector for Research, Main Campus, Kazimierzowski Palace, 2nd floor, room 13 (from Monday to Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you have any questions regarding the applications – please direct them to Justyna Piecha from the Office of the Vice Rector for Research (email address: email@example.com, phone: +48 22 55 20 350)
- A single scientific activity costs may be covered as part of the grant.
- Co-financing of the grant manager’s remuneration can not be subsidized
- The remuneration for the head of the action can not be subsidized.
- In case of support the publication costs, the following inscription should be placed: „Publication co-financed from the resources of the University of Warsaw”
- Application for co-financing of activities, that not follow within the given categories, requires an extended justification.