Skip to content
- Objective: increasing the potential of the University of Warsaw for being awarded international research grants.
- Beneficiaries: domestic and foreign researchers (employed or not employed at the University of Warsaw) with recognised scientific achievements, planning to obtain a prestigious international grant within a period not exceeding 24 months (preferably applying for ERC grants or Horizon 2020 project coordination). The grant will be implemented in a basic unit of the University of Warsaw.
- Support duration: up to 24 months.
- Eligibility criteria: submitting an application as in Annex no. 1 containing information relating to the Applicant’s achievements, as well as a plan and schedule of activities aimed at obtaining a prestigious international grant.
- Examples of projects: mobility abroad to receive substantive support from eminent researchers, reducing the teaching load, financing part of remuneration for holding a post in a unit of the University of Warsaw, initial research necessary to provide substantive justification to an application, covering the costs of obtaining an opinion on an application, etc.
- Evaluation: projects will be evaluated by experts who have implemented prestigious research programmes. The process of evaluation will be composed of two stages: evaluation of information contained in Annex No.1 and an interview. The final decision will be made by the Vice Rector for Research.
- Grant amount: established individually, depending on the project. It should not exceed PLN 50,000 per year.
- Application processing time: 60 days of submission.
- Precondition for implementation: having been awarded a grant, an Applicant has to obtain consent for the implementation of the project in a specific unit from the Dean or the manager of the basic unit of the University of Warsaw.
- Number of grants: not more than 10 per year.
- Employment prospects: in individual cases, an offer of further cooperation with the University of Warsaw and of an indefinite employment contract may be presented after the end of the grant period.
- Applications for all types of subsidies will be accepted on an ongoing basis at the Office of the Vice Rector for Research, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about awarded funds will be posted twice a year (in June and December) on the website of the Research Administration Office (http://bob.uw.edu.pl/).
- Funds awarded as part of designated subsidies must be accounted for (substantive settlements are to be accompanied by a list of expenditure signed by the Bursar’s plenipotentiary at the Faculty/in the Unit within 30 days of project completion).