SUPPORTING RESEARCH ACTIVITY AND INTERNATIONALISATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW
Transforming the University of Warsaw into an internationally recognised research university is one of the strategic objectives of this institution.
Therefore, on 1 February 2017 a new model of allocating subsidies from central funds was introduced. They are divided into three categories:
- SUBSIDIES FOR INCREASING THE CAPACITY TO OBTAIN PRESTIGIOUS INTERNATIONAL GRANTS
- SUBSIDIES FOR RESEARCH CONDUCTED BY UNITS OPERATING WITHIN THE UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW
- Applications for all types of subsidies will be accepted on an ongoing basis at the Office of the Vice Rector for Research, email address:
Justyna Magdalena Piecha, tel. 22 55 20 350, fax 22 55 24 021
- Information about awarded funds will be posted twice a year (in June and December) on the website of the Research Administration Office (http://bob.uw.edu.pl/).
- Funds awarded as part of designated subsidies must be accounted for (substantive settlements are to be accompanied by a list of expenditure signed by the Bursar’s plenipotentiary at the Faculty/in the Unit within 30 days of project completion).
National Science Centre (NCN)
NCN is a government agency, supervised by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, set up in 2011 to support basic research in Poland.
The National Science Centre supports basic research by funding research projects carried out by individual researchers and research teams, both on the domestic and international level, as well as doctoral fellowships and post-doctoral internships. NCN announces calls for proposals four times a year. The NCN grantee must be employed at a Polish host institution. Additional conditions applicable to each call are set forth by the Council of the NCN.
See the short description of NCN funding schemes by clicking one of the links below:
- OPUS: general grants
- PRELUDIUM: pre-doctoral grants
- SONATA: PhD holder grants
- SONATA BIS: PhD holder grants
- HARMONIA: international research projects
- MAESTRO: advanced grants
- SYMFONIA: interdisciplinary grants
- ETIUDA: doctoral scholarship
- FUGA: post-doctoral internships
- TANGO: proof-of-concept type grants
- POLONEZ: fellowship programme
For more information – please check our site about International Reseach Programmes: http://bob-epb.uw.edu.pl/english/